Resource Worker – Relief Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Resource Worker – Relief to join our team.
- House of Friendship organizational responsibilities;
- Perform shelter team duties ensuring the best possible operation of the program;
- Maintaining positive community partnerships and connecting participants with community resources;
- Upholding Housing of Friendships reputation and values in community interactions;
- Provide individual support to men with high acuity;
- Responsible for working in a healthy and safe manner;
- Relate with men accessing the shelter.
- Experience providing individualized support services;
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in social services or related field is required;
- Experience of homelessness or relating with people experiencing homelessness;
- Experience in a social service setting preferred;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively with people with various abilities, life situations and cultural backgrounds;
- Aptitude for accurate and efficient computer data entry;
- Commitment to a strength-based approach to supporting people;
- Commitment to understand and uphold the mission and values of House of Friendship is expected;
- Current Standard First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain at hiring.