Summer Children’s Coordinator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Summer Children’s Coordinator to join our team.
- Assist with training of the summer staff and youth volunteers;
- Plan and oversee children’s day camps and a weeklong overnight camp for children grades 1-6;
- Responsible for all administrative support involved including registration, record keeping, basic budgeting;
- Reports directly to Program Director and will work with Summer Site Coordinator and Youth Coordinator;
- Ensure a variety of learning activities including music, drama, art, games, storytelling and sharing times are incorporated;
- Liaison with the camp staff to plan the overnight camping experience;
- Marketing summer program to schools and community agencies;
- Responsible for all policy and procedures of Kids On Track and the school sites and ensure their team is following protocol;
- Perform program and personnel evaluations as required;
- Plan and implement the lessons and activities including religious instruction and mentoring in Christian character.
- Must submit a clear Police Security Check and an Intervention Record Check;
- Must have experience planning and implementing Christian faith based lessons, utilizing music, drama, art, games, storytelling and sharing times;
- Must be in agreement with the Christian mission of the organization;
- Must be an experienced leader, able to direct and instruct others in organizing tasks to be completed;
- Class 5 or Class 2 (Bus license) an asset;
- Must have driver’s license and access to own vehicle- (mileage reimbursed);
- Must be experienced in leading children with an ability to relate to disadvantaged children and those who are presenting behavioral challenges;
- Must have current CPR Level C and First Aid certificate;
- High Five Principals of Healthy Child Development and Quest II certification an asset;
- Minimum of 18 years of age and under the age of 30 (grant requirement).