Community Support Worker Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Community Support Worker to join our team.
- Supporting the Our Voice Out Loud (OVOL) initiative in Regent Park;
- Providing general support to youth or community partners;
- Reaching out and following up with potential and past participants of YSM supported community development initiatives;
- Organizing and scheduling appointments with youth, internal staff and external stakeholders;
- Other administrative duties as required;
- Outreach; connecting with local schools to recruit and promote OVOL;
- Working with Community Capacity Builder to equip youth to identify and build on their strengths to acquire new soft and hard skill sets;
- Plan meetings and take detailed minutes;
- Submitting and retrieving financial requests;
- Assisting in the preparation of scheduled reports for OVOL.
- Experience as an administrative assistant, virtual assistant or office admin assistant;
- Organized with the ability to multi-task, excellent time management skills;
- A police check will be required / First aid training is an asset;
- Experience working with children and youth;
- Relevant experience in Social Services and/or Youth and Child Services or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Demonstrated respect to YSM’s principles of faith, mission and values;
- Effectively communicate in English;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong desire and commitment to improve their community;
- Ability to work cross-culturally, in a manner that respects and promotes diversity;
- Knowledge of community initiatives, groups and events.