The Cook/Line Prep may require a high school diploma or its equivalent. Follows a menu to prepare and cook meats, fish, poultry, gravies, cereals, soups, vegetables and other food according to proper preparation methods. Being a Cook/Line Prep typically reports to a Sous Chef or Executive Chef. Being a Cook/Line Prep has gained proficiency in multiple competencies relevant to the job. Works independently within established procedures associated with the specific job function. Working as a Cook/Line Prep typically requires 3-5 years of related experience, or may have 2 years experience plus an associates degree, or additional training or certification.
Line Cook/Prep Cook Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Line Cook/Prep Cook to join our team.
- Strict adherence to company, municipal and provincial guidelines as they are related to food safety and safe workplace environments;
- Maintains the area in a clean, safe and sanitary manner;
- Maintains food safety temperature logs with direction from Lead Cook and Sous Chef;
- Reads and refers to cooking reference material;
- Cooks foods such as bacon, potatoes, eggs, vegetables, fruits, and pasta;
- Completes assigned tasks as quickly as is safely practical;
- Effective storage, management, and safe rotation (FIFO) of all products;
- Cleaning, sanitation and maintenance of kitchen equipment and food production spaces;
- Follow the resorts policies and procedures and adhere to the grooming policies;
- Other duties as required;
- Receiving and storage of deliveries as related to the commissary kitchen;
- Serves food according to correct taste, temperature and visual appeal;
- Prepares dishes such as sandwiches, salads & vegetables;
- Preparation, production and execution of menu items and food quality standards according to detailed recipes and instructions;
- Cleans, cuts and prepares all fruits, vegetables, herbs, and salad items.
- Food Handlers is an asset but not required;
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to multitask when required;
- Availability to work days, evenings, and weekends as business demands;
- Ability to lift 50 lbs;
- Ability to lead in the points mentioned above;
- Minimum of 1 – 2 years of kitchen experience in a QSR or similar environment with a general understanding of cooking fundamentals and practices;
- Strong understanding of food safety and public health practices;
- Ability to execute and thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time;
- Ability to communicate effectively, respectfully and work well with others in a team based setting.