Digital Paint Artist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Digital Paint Artist to join our team.
- Takes ownership and responsibility of shot. Proactively offers options and finds own solutions for production problems;
- Demonstrates a basic ability to do “paint on comp” work to a high level of quality;
- Ability to export track points between multiple toolsets;
- Demonstrates excellent troubleshooting skills;
- Working knowledge of stereo compositing pipeline;
- Ability to use layout and DM cameras in Nuke;
- Demonstrates a keen eye for recognizing paint artifacts, sharpness and color issues;
- Easily assimilates feedback given by supervisors;
- Able to break shots down into individual components with little supervision;
- Actively works across departments in shot groups. Provides updates to production and other artists on shot progress;
- Ability to use a combination of techniques when dealing with tricky wire removals and clean plates;
- Working knowledge of color correction and Grain pipeline in Nuke;
- Able to handle complex shots with heavy motion blur, lots of layers, etc;
- Researches appropriate references including continuity with like shots. Proactively shares this information with team.
- Python and/or C++ experience a plus;
- Must have an understanding of how their work fits into the pipeline and its effect on upstream and downstream departments;
- Computer proficiency including UNIX operating system; the ability to learn software and adapt scripts;
- Adaptability and willingness to work under tight deadlines and to work efficiently within a production environment;
- Ability to write Nuke gizmos and/or plugins is a plus;
- Must have a willingness to learn new tools, a proven ability to be detail-oriented, and problem solving skills.