The Architectural Technologist I coordinates and determines quantity and types of materials needed, and schedules material orders to support the construction or build schedule. Conceives, designs, plans and constructs models for new or modified structures. Being an Architectural Technologist I may require an associate’s degree. May also be responsible for using computer equipment to layout diagrams and schematics used to install and repair electrical systems. In addition, Architectural Technologist I typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being an Architectural Technologist I gains or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline. Works under moderate supervision. Working as an Architectural Technologist I typically requires 1-3 years of related experience.
Architectural Technologist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Architectural Technologist to join our team.
- Communicate with construction team to provide information and solve problems;
- Work on a design/production team to produce fully coordinated architectural working drawings;
- Review and approve project shop drawings;
- Prepare drawings as required by Ontario Building Code and Municipal requirements;
- Being able to Coordinate with engineers, surveyors and consultants;
- Applying and obtaining building permits;
- Developing and coordination of construction documentation;
- Architectural design, detailing and documentation on projects in collaboration with other team members;
- Complete drawings to adhere with agreement of purchase and sale details;
- Preparation of 2D & 3D CAD drawings;
- Perform site analysis for all new land purchase deals to ensure optimal model fit, calculating frontages and maximum footprint;
- Execution of preliminary and production drawings, inclusive of lot specific extras, grading calculations, window schedules and curb cuts;
- Produce renderings and marketing handout materials;
- Project management and construction administration assistance to project leaders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Technical diploma in architecture or a DEC (Membership in the Ordre des technologues professionnels du Québec would be an asset);
- Proven expertise using Architectural Desktop 2013 (or more recent);
- Graduate from a recognized Architectural Technologist Program;
- REVIT skills essential, other software skills beneficial;
- Bilingual – French and English;
- Experience with AccuRender and VIZ an asset;
- Ability to work within a team environment;
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience within Canada;
- 3 years of experience in a similar position;
- Excellent command of Revit, AutoCAD and Photoshop;
- Understanding of BOMA standards would be an asset;
- Working knowledge of the BC Building Code;
- Willingness to take on a variety of assignments;
- Sound working knowledge of building codes and by-laws including applicability.