Senior Architectural Technologist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Architectural Technologist to join our team.
- Production of architectural drawings including plans, elevations and details for residential, commercial and industrial projects;
- Communicate with clients and construction teams to ensure accurate project details and deadlines;
- Communication with various municipalities during the building permit process, construction and inspection stages of project;
- Basic Zoning by-law research for a given municipality;
- May assist in the training and evaluation of assigned architectural and design/drafting personnel;
- Preparing, reviewing, and approving drawings as required;
- Preparing specifications, reports and related data tables;
- Performing basic architectural/engineering calculations;
- Maintaining liaison with design and drafting groups.
- Ability to communicate in Korean a plus;
- 8-10 years of Architectural drafting experience;
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines;
- Advanced technical understanding and proficiency in AutoCad;
- Fluent English with strong communications skills as candidate will be dealing with clients, consultants, contractors and municipal authorities;
- BCIN Number for residential and large buildings;
- Ability to work independently;
- Experience with mechanical engineering including HVAC, kitchen exhaust and plumbing a plus;
- Demonstrated experience creating working and detail drawings and 3D models using Revit, Sketchup and AutoCAD;
- Proven experience mentoring and overseeing work of more junior staff ensuring accuracy and quality standards;
- 10+ years of experience as an Architectural Technologist along with post-secondary education in a recognized technical or architectural program.