The Shipping and Receiving Associate I receives, unpacks, inspects and stores incoming materials and supplies. Assembles orders and prepares goods for shipment. Being a Shipping and Receiving Associate I documents damages and discrepancies for future reimbursement and reconciliation. Uses shipping records to verify the accuracy of incoming and outgoing shipments and orders. In addition, Shipping and Receiving Associate I typically requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. Typically reports to supervisor. Possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. Works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area. May require 0-1 year of general work experience. Being a Shipping and Receiving Associate I possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. Works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area. May require 0-1 year of general work experience.
Shipping and Receiving Associate Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Shipping and Receiving Associate to join our team.
- Update status of inbound and outbound orders in ERP system;
- Maintain and prepare kit parts by job in an organized manner to facility easy access for assembly and/or shipment;
- Ship and receive all parts and materials; international shipping required.
- Valid forklift license an asset;
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent;
- 5 years of shipping and receiving experience; experience with preparing international shipments including customs documents is an asset;
- Extensive knowledge of major couriers – FedEx, Purolator, UPS, etc. including how to operate their respective software packages;
- Physically capable of performing the essential duties of the job and lifting up to 50lb;
- Inventory Management Program desired;
- Working knowledge of ERP systems, and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.).