Applications Development Manager manages a team of analysts or developers responsible for the organization’s applications development and analysis function. Evaluates existing applications to determine technical changes, schedules projects, resources, and monitors project timelines. Being an Applications Development Manager oversees feasibility researches, estimates project timeline and cost. Requires a bachelor’s degree. Additionally, Applications Development Manager typically reports to a director or head of a unit or department. The Applications Development Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. To be an Applications Development Manager typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Manager, Application Development Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Manager, Application Development to join our team.
- Define team performance measures and ensure accountable contributions to team projects; helps establish priorities based on operational plans;
- Evaluate options and provide expertise in acquiring technology (hardware and software) from reliable sources;
- Maintain a positive work culture by communicating with team members, recognizing concerns and identifying positive actions whenever possible;
- Support team professional development goals and provides mentorship to help staff achieve personal and professional goals;
- Promote excellence in quality and customer service in the delivery of services.
- Position involves supervising, evaluating and negotiating;
- High-end skills in mobile/portable devices and social networking to facilitate mobility of online delivery;
- 3-5 years of extensive development with MySQL and Oracle databases;
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines;
- 3-5 years of experience in and proven track record building solutions based on Microsoft C#, ASP.NET, and .NET Framework;
- Strong problem-solving, analysis and troubleshooting skills;
- Must be quality focused, possess strong client service, conflict resolution and project management skills;
- Strong problem solving and decision-making ability with a keen interest in technology with a solution driven approach;
- Extensive knowledge of Object-Oriented Design, architecture and design patterns;
- Strong verbal communication skills;
- Experience leveraging open source components and technologies;
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically when implementing products/projects;
- Established management, leadership, analytical, organizational and interpretive skills;
- Supportive of delivering technology enabled solutions that meet the needs of the business and students;
- Strong understanding of and experience designing with client/server and multi-tier architectures.