Structural Engineering Supervisor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Structural Engineering Supervisor to join our team.
- Participate in short-term planning pertaining to budget requirements, staff selection and projects to be undertaken;
- Responsible for investigations and reports such as cost estimates and technical studies;
- Maintain a safe operating environment;
- Recommend changes or opportunities to operating costs and report deviations from planned activities;
- Plan, facilitate, and conduct meetings, presentations, and interviews with internal and external stakeholders;
- Analyze reports on project status provided by project managers, providing feedback and guidance as required;
- Complete tender documents, feasibility documents, and other documentation as required, and verify accuracy of records completed by team members;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Ensure projects meet the requirements of industry standards and regulations and work within established company/industry policies and procedures;
- Perform design duties as required on projects;
- Comfortable working at client sites.
- Minimum eight (8) years of leadership and project management experience in an engineering firm;
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with a P. Eng. designation;
- Must have strong numerical ability and reasoning skills;
- Extensive computer knowledge in industry applications, including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, AutoCAD and MicroStation;
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, with exceptional report writing skills;
- Extensive knowledge of all applicable codes;
- Knowledge of mining-related processes a definite asset.Valid driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle;
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, conflict resolution, decision-making and time management skills;
- Must have strong project management skills and experience;
- Willing to travel;
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and client relationship management experience.