Materials Handler I loads and unloads material within a warehouse or storage facility. Utilizes hand trucks, forklifts, hoists, conveyors, or other handling equipment to move material to and from aircraft, trucks or trains and within the storage facility. Being a Materials Handler I has knowledge of commonly-used practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Additionally, Materials Handler I primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. May require a high school diploma. Typically reports to supervisor or manager. The Materials Handler I works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area. Possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. May require 0-1 year of general work experience.
Material Handler Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Material Handler to join our team.
- Checking received orders and confirming that all inventory transactions are completed and documented;
- Become SI&A trained (self inspection and acceptance) as well as participate in “AOG On-Call” program;
- Prepare all necessary customs documentation;
- Prepare shipments for delivery, packaging orders to customer specification; prepare all process parts to ship to vendors;
- Move raw materials into assembly areas and organizing stock in the warehouse as required;
- Picking orders and preparing them for shipping, including: stacking, wrapping, packing and crating products;
- Organize trucks for pick up and delivery;
- Attend daily Ace Board/ LDMS and other meetings as required;
- Participate in CI activities;
- Loading, unloading, and moving products and materials by hand or equipment;
- May be asked to complete other tasks in the department based on skills and qualifications;
- Adhere to and practice all safety rules as specified by company/ legislation;
- Loading, unloading and moving products and materials to designated locations in the warehouse, and assisting in picking and placing orders;
- Perform receiving inspection; deliver product throughout the plant;
- Putting away received materials in the proper storage locations.
- Dangerous Goods qualification would be considered an asset;
- Demonstrated strong communication skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment;
- strong communication and organizational skills;
- One to three years shipping receiving experience required and must have forklift truck certification;
- High school diploma or educational equivalent;
- Candidates must meet all requirements under ITAR and CCGP;
- Background check;
- Important – Have safety boots (steel cap);
- HS Diploma or GED;
- Be in good physical condition;
- Stand for Shift Duration;
- Important – Have a good physical strength (stamina);
- Strong PC skills (ERP systems, MS Office applications).