The Hoist Operator requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. Sets-up and operates a hoisting machinery. Being a Hoist Operator is familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. May have to complete an apprenticeship and/or formal training in area of specialty with 0-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area. In addition, Hoist Operator relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision; typically reports to a supervisor or manager. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Hoist Operator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Hoist Operator to join our team.
- Operates hoist to lower and raise instruments and tools in well, observing signals of engineering personnel;
- Tend auxiliary equipment, such as jacks, slings, cables, or stop blocks, to facilitate moving items or materials for further processing;
- Observe equipment gauges and indicators and hand signals of other workers to verify load positions or depths;
- Attach, fasten, and disconnect cables or lines to loads, materials, and equipment, using hand tools;
- Connect cables or electrical lines;
- Monitor equipment gauges or displays to ensure proper operation.
- Ability to detect mechanical and operational defects in hoist equipment;
- Knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions involved in operating hoists;
- Must have valid Hoist Operator Certification;
- Sufficient manual dexterity to develop skill in the operation of the equipment involved in the work;
- Previous construction and hoist experience;
- Ability to understand and execute oral instructions;
- Physical strength and agility sufficient to lift up to 50 lbs.