Technical Outside Sales Person Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Technical Outside Sales Person to join our team.
- Determine the scope of work for projects and meet deadlines;
- Meet regular sales targets and work with the management team to develop and implement strategies to grow and develop the business;
- Perform cold calls and have the ability to look for other potential applications of our product;
- Provide technical training, equipment troubleshooting support and product part sales;
- Lead follow-up and existing account management;
- Support marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events;
- Develop and give sales presentations;
- Excellent organizational, follow-up and reporting skills.
- Experience working in a construction environment;
- Experience with proposals, preparing quotations and contract negotiations;
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Product launch and business development experience;
- Valid drivers license and be willing and able to travel for extended periods throughout Canada and the United States;
- Experience in expanding new markets;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Post secondary education and a strong technical background would be an asset;
- Good knowledge of electrical, mechanical and hydraulic systems;
- 5 Years outside sales experience;
- Demonstrate a persuasive and disciplined approach with customers to reach target goals;
- Ability to read blue prints and technical drawings.