Outside sales representatives spend much of their time traveling to and visiting with current clients and prospective buyers. During a sales call, they discuss the client’s needs and suggest how they can meet those needs with merchandise or services. They may show samples or catalogs that describe items their company provides, and they may inform customers about the prices and availability of the products they are selling and the ways in which their products can save money and boost productivity.
Outside Sales Representative Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Outside Sales Representative to join our team.
- Understand the needs of the company’s customers in order to advise them and establish trust to promote the company’s offering;
- Drive sales growth with new customers by applying a prospecting, qualification, and follow up process to offer the company’s products and services;
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with customers to increase satisfaction and the retention rate;
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous learning to optimize performance and career growth;
- Build and manage your own sales funnel and pipeline;
- Updating Salesforce.com to ensure a healthy pipeline and forecasting;
- Support the use of KPIs / scorecard;
- Work with clients through negotiation and close;
- Drive project briefs and kick off meetings on sold projects;
- Possess strong negotiation skills and ability to manage and maintain profitable margins;
- Uses existing external relationships within the industry to prospect for new business;
- Develop unique sales proposals & negotiate deals with C+ Executives/Decision makers;
- Develop new business, grow account portfolio, and retain customer accounts to achieve profitable sales growth within assigned territory;
- Maintain sales activities in CRM;
- Review and approve Proposals to clients.
- Excellent communication skill and strong interpersonal skills to deal with customer base and co-workers;
- Proficiency with technology (e.g., the MS Office suite and inventory management systems);
- Decisiveness and persuasiveness when negotiating with customers and suppliers;
- Good communication skills and team spirit;
- Business acumen and results driven approach;
- General knowledge of building materials and construction techniques;
- Ability to assess opportunities and adopt sales strategies to correspond with general marketplace and competitive pressures;
- College degree or equivalent;
- At least 5 years of sales experience;
- Good knowledge of home improvement products;
- Experience in consultative vs. transactional selling in a technical field;
- Knowledge of ERP systems, Epicor is preferred, but will train;
- Understanding and strong support of the use of a CRM (we use Pipedrive);
- Ambitious and results oriented – someone who sets big goals and hits them;
- Class “G” driver’s license is a must.