SMS Investigator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a SMS Investigator to join our team.
- Ensure compliance with all policy, procedure, standards and regulations;
- Conduct follow ups as assigned;
- Conduct investigations as assigned;
- Perform introductory SMS training;
- Liaise with SMS web provider for regulatory upkeep of site;
- Perform any other duties as required;
- Work with Department managers to establish Corrective and Preventative Actions and implementation dates;
- Assist in gathering, producing and maintaining records applicable to the SMS program;
- Assist in conducting internal audits as per company audit program;
- Participate in Corrective Action process as required;
- Collect information gained from the investigation process and compile it into a final report supported by facts and data;
- Assist with maintenance and tracking of the company Safety Risk Profile, hazard register, Investigations;
- Facilitate multidisciplinary sessions to identify possible contributing factors to the event being investigated.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines in a busy environment;
- Exceptional communication, organizational, interpersonal and time-management skills;
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail;
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines;
- Preferred 2+ years in the aviation industry, with focus on either flight operations or maintenance.