Automotive Shop Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Automotive Shop Manager to join our team.
- Plan and adjust the workloads of technicians to match their skills and abilities;
- Monitor & track the stock levels and maintain above minimum stock levels of all stocked items & supplies at all times;
- Supervise the activities of automotive service technicians to ensure efficient job performance and timely repairs;
- Oversee the procurement of vehicle parts, automotive equipment and various other items required in service department;
- Review customers repair orders and inspect the quality of a technician repairs before the release of vehicles;
- Ensure adequate maintenance of tools, equipment and other materials in the workshop;
- Negotiate, interact and manage relationships with parts vendors;
- Responsible for job allocation and job flow in the workshop including job scheduling and technician allocation for day to day operations;
- Prioritize work & manage time effectively to meet demands and customer needs while handling a diversity of tasks simultaneously;
- Monitor & manage shop workflow to ensure timely delivery of vehicles to customer as per the promised times;
- Oversee the disposal of wastes such as used engine oil, soot to ensure adherence to health and safety laws.
- Ability to find solutions to problems and make decisions;
- High school or higher level of education;
- Ability to manage customers/staff in a professional manner and to inspire their confidence and trust;
- Strong automotive background with minimum 5 years of experience in automotive shop management;
- Ability to multitask, adapt and cope with challenging situations;
- Ability to plan, organize and follow up on the team’s activities;
- Effective oral and written communication skills.