Water Ski Counsellor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Water Ski Counsellor to join our team.
- Provide one-on-one support to campers;
- Provide supervision to campers while at camp during meals, activities, free time, evening and overnight;
- The dynamic nature of summer camp demands each staff understand that additional duties may be assigned as required;
- Directly supervise single cabin group of 8-12 campers and cooperatively an entire section of 30-40 campers;
- Assist with weekly camper evaluations;
- Supervise and instruct Overnight Water Ski campers, during their transition time between the section and their ski time (1-2 hours daily);
- Lead and instruct a water ski class of 8-12 campers, during each activity period of the day (2);
- Help plan and execute camp-wide activities with campers.
- Respect In Sport Certificate;
- Genuine interest in working with children;
- Minimum of Bronze Cross swimming qualification (NLS preferred);
- Must be enthusiastic, energetic, and positive;
- Interest in water skiing and becoming a HOC Water Ski Staff Instructor;
- Experience teaching and communicating to children of varied ages. Specific camp experience an asset;
- A minimum of 16 years of age and currently enrolled in Grade 11 or higher. (Grade 10 candidates who have completed a CIT Program are also eligible);
- Must be willing to take part in camp related activities outside the defined job description;
- Current certificate of Emergency First Aid and CPR;
- Canadian Water Ski Instructor’s Course (CWSIC). Course enrollment available upon hiring.