The Technical Customer Service Representative interacts with customers and troubleshoots problems to provide a high level of customer satisfaction. Supports Web-based products and services through email support, desktop support, and telephone support. Being a Technical Customer Service Representative typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Requires a bachelor’s degree in the field. Working as a Technical Customer Service Representative typically requires 2 to 4 years of related experience. Gains exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function. Occasionally directed in several aspects of the work.
Technical Customer Service Representative Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Technical Customer Service Representative to join our team.
- Provide back-up support to coworkers in the performance of job duties required;
- Provides technical support to customers by identifying problems; researching answers; guiding customer through corrective steps;
- Performs investigation of product complaints;
- Oversee assigned projects from initiation to completion; setting timelines and targets to ensure the projects progress in a timely manner;
- Answers customer inquiries/communications as required;
- Documenting and prioritizing tasks, in consultation with management;
- Resolve problems, facilitate solutions and enhance customer service offerings;
- Conduct analysis to determine best implementation procedure for product into clinics and laboratories;
- Receives, processes and verifies the accuracy of orders from customers utilizing the organization’s internal systems and customer purchase orders;
- Communication with senior management for regular updates regarding project statuses;
- Become familiar with proposed new product; its function, purpose, and value to end-users;
- Develop international customer and distributor relations;
- Perform all other related duties, as assigned by management;
- Ad hoc projects that arise in the regular course of business.
- Organized and ability to multi-task;
- Able to work independently and as a team to complete tasks within deadlines;
- Very strong initiative;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills;
- PREFERRED: 1 -3 years’ experience in customer service;
- Strong time management skills;
- Project management skills & business acumen;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- High proficiency in MS Outlook;
- REQUIRED: Bachelor degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Biomedical Sciences or related field;
- Strong analytical skills, being able to interpret business needs into actionable items;
- Detail and results-oriented;
- Excellent creativity & resourcefulness.