Storekeeper works in a small stockroom. Maintains receipts, records, and withdrawals. Being a Storekeeper checks materials and supplies and reports when stock is low. Receives and unpacks materials and supplies. Additionally, Storekeeper reports damages and discrepancies for accounting, reimbursement and record-keeping purposes. Requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. To be a Storekeeper typically requires 1-3 years of related experience. May be entry level if some experience in the skill. Gains or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline. Works under moderate supervision.
Storekeeper Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Storekeeper to join our team.
- In coordination with Hotel Controller initiates activities for cleaning organizing and proper maintaining of the food and beverage storing areas;
- Assist in monitoring the inventory received, issued, spoilage, breakage, and transfers;
- Adhere to the cleaning schedules in place for assigned area;
- Enforce cost control procedures and minimizes waste and breakage in the inventory locations;
- Conduct monthly inventories and handles variances according to the SOP;
- Ensure that all food and beverage products are stored in the appropriate room according to product type and temperature;
- Attend meetings as requested by the Hotel Controller;
- Ensure that all inventory movement (issues and returns) is accurately documented and approved by the appropriate management;
- Ensure that all internal orders processed in a timely manner and in accordance with the daily ordering schedule;
- Ensure that stock rotation is managed in accordance with the FIFO system;
- Maintain accurate inventory levels in assigned storerooms;
- Is present during any Agriculture and Public Health Inspections in all ports as requested;
- Regularly communicate with the Hotel Controller regarding stock rotation, par levels, and inventory discrepancies.
- STCW CPSC;
- STCW 4th Part Basic Training;
- Valid Seafarers Medical;
- Latest experience must be within the past 2 years;
- Senior High School Graduate;
- Must pass a security background check;
- PSCRB Certificate.