Compile and record employee time and payroll data. May compute employees’ time worked, production, and commission. May compute and post wages and deductions, or prepare paychecks.
Payroll Administrator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Payroll Administrator to join our team.
- Ability to work with the unions – excellent communication skills;
- Annual preparation of T4s;
- Respond to payroll inquiries from employees;
- Prepare Records of Employment;
- Process new hires, vacations, and changes in a timely and accurate manner;
- Prepare employee payments by cheque or electronic transfer;
- Setting up new employees and handling terminations in JD Edwards;
- Handle applicable government and union remittance requirements with respect to payroll and benefits;
- Data entry for all payroll changes including: new hires, terminations, salary, personal and other payroll related updates;
- Respond to employee inquiries around payroll;
- Assist with any year-end adjustments in payroll;
- Provide support the Finance and Human Resources team on various duties as required;
- Assist with the entry and/or workflow associated with new hires, terminations, transfers and other benefit and payroll changes;
- Manage current employee vacation and sick time trackers;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Driven, positive, and outgoing personality;
- Innate work ethic and attention to detail;
- Ability to be discrete and ensure confidentiality is maintained;
- Strong computer skills, including advanced Excel;
- 5+ years’ experience in payroll is required;
- American payroll association FPC or CPP certification is considered an asset;
- Avanti knowledge is an asset;
- 2 – 3 year(s) of full-cycle payroll experience is necessary;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and able to influence other;
- Experience working with an HRIS system is preferred;
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in payroll; start up experience is a bonus;
- Post-secondary education with a focus on Accounting/Payroll; PCP certification an asset;
- Excellent analytical skills, proven strategic planning skills and ability to be hands-on;
- Willingness to learn and a self-starter attitude.