Perform secretarial duties using legal terminology, procedures, and documents. Prepare legal papers and correspondence, such as summonses, complaints, motions, and subpoenas. May also assist with legal research.
Legal Administrative Assistant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Legal Administrative Assistant to join our team.
- Prepare and key in correspondence and legal documents from handwritten copy, shorthand and machine dictation using computers;
- May supervise and train other staff in procedures and in use of current software;
- Schedule appointments, meetings, and conferences for the employer;
- May attend court, meetings or conferences to take notes, minutes and dictation;
- Provide administrative support to Immigration Consultant;
- May perform other general office work as required including preparing financial statements;
- Locate and develop case-relevant information;
- Review and proofread documents and correspondence to ensure compliance with legal procedures and grammatical usage;
- Determine and establish office procedures and routines;
- Handle communication with clients.
- 2-5 years of immigration law experience;
- Familiarity with Immigration law, legal procedures, and protocols;
- Experience in legal assistance;
- Good knowledge of Excel and Power Point;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience;
- Licensed by RCIC (Registered Canadian Immigration Consultant);
- Knowledge of Workshare Compare and ACT software would be an asset;
- Excellent command of Word and Excel software.