Accounts Receivable Representative Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Accounts Receivable Representative to join our team.
- Ensure all client information is up to date and accurate (i.e. billing address, telephone number, contact name, email, etc.);
- Reconcile outstanding discrepancies on accounts;
- Manage receivables for all assigned accounts;
- Prepare and process credit/debit notes as per policy guidelines;
- Collect past due accounts;
- Represent the Company in a professional manner in all communications internally and externally;
- Field questions, requests, complaints from customers;
- Provide administrative and clerical support primarily to the Finance Department;
- Investigate shortage/damage/pricing claims;
- Ensure accounts respect and stay within assigned payment terms;
- Run daily/weekly reports;
- Apply incoming payments: Cheque, credit card, EFT.
- Ability to multi-task, handle high work volume, meet deadlines;
- French would be a great asset if you are bilingual but not necessary;
- Superior communication/ customer service/ telephone skills;
- Positive and professional attitude;
- Strong working knowledge of computer applications, including Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook);
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to work independently;
- Post-Secondary education with accounts receivable background;
- 1-3 years of experience in Accounts Receivable and/or Credit and Collections.