Compile and record employee time and payroll data. May compute employees’ time worked, production, and commission. May compute and post wages and deductions, or prepare paychecks.
Accounting Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Accounting Technician to join our team.
- Supporting the collection effort while maintaining tenants’ relationships;
- Producing monthly, quarterly, annual financial statements and budget variances ;
- Preparing bank reconciliations ;
- File various attachments and reports;
- Assist in month end closing;
- Complete and submit tax remittance forms, and other government documents (workers’ compensation and pension contribution forms etc.);
- Follow up on purchase orders and supplier invoices;
- To actively listen and ask questions related to the role;
- Prepare and issue cheques;
- Performing other duties related to the financial operation of the corporation as required;
- Analyze certain general ledger accounts and make end-of-month adjustments;
- Maintenance of a chart of accounts for all program activities;
- Book invoices, in charge of accounts payable and receivable;
- Obtaining tenants’ proof of payment of real estate taxes ;
- All other related tasks.
- Recording and reconciling investment accounting;
- Excellent interpersonal & relationship building skills;
- Important – Bilingual an asset;
- Consideration may be given to those possessing accounting/finance training with a minimum of five years’ relevant experience;
- Must be an organized, enthusiastic and professional person who is self-motivated, flexible and adaptable;
- Must be able to organize material and present information clearly and concisely in verbal and written form;
- Supporting management in maintaining external funding partnerships and monitoring contracts for compliance;
- Oversee office administration to ensure effective and efficient implementation of general office procedures and operation;
- Must be able to perform duties independently without close supervision;
- Must be able to maintain sensitive and confidential information;
- Ensuring compliance with provincial taxation – payment and reporting process with assistance from Head of Finance or head office;
- Avabiliity over weekends (if required);
- Essential – Do you speak and write English and French?
- Must demonstrate skills in PC software applications, specifically the MS Office programs Excel and Word;
- Analyzing projects for efficiency and effectiveness in conjunction with Conservation and Finance leaders.