Translator and Editor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Translator and Editor to join our team.
- Follow up with stakeholders to ensure translation meets their needs;
- Follow the localization quality control process to ensure terminological consistency and compliance with the Geotab style guides;
- Convert text and audio recordings from one language to one or more others, using SDL Trados;
- Edit content with an eye toward maintaining its original format (e.g. font and structure);
- Manage and propagate translation updates to existing translated documents based on changes made to the English source documents;
- Read given material and research industry-specific terminology;
- Regularly update the terminology database in the language(s) you are proficient in;
- Prepare subtitles for videos and online presentations;
- Proofread translated texts for grammar, spelling and punctuation accuracy;
- Ensure translated content conveys original meaning and tone;
- Cross-reference specialized dictionaries and translation tools to check the quality of translation.
- Seasoned research skills to quickly understand industry terms;
- Experience with SDL Trados CAT tool;
- 3+ years of experience as a Translator, Interpreter, Editor, or similar role;
- Excellent proofreading skills with the ability to identify grammar, spelling and punctuation errors;
- Bachelor’s degree in translation, interpreting, or similar field;
- Fluency in English and at least one of these languages: French (all variations), Spanish (all variations), and German.