Editors Editors plan, review, and revise content for publication.
Editor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Editor to join our team.
- Plan and co-ordinate activities of staff and assure production deadlines are met;
- Confer with authors, staff writers, reporters and others regarding revisions to copy;
- Write or prepare introductions, marketing and promotional materials, bibliographic references, indexes and other text;
- Prepare drafts for news, sports or features, publication etc;
- Plan and implement layout or format of copy according to space or time allocations and significance of copy;
- Plan coverage of upcoming events and assign work accordingly;
- Negotiate royalties with authors and arrange for payment of freelance staff.
- Excellent communication skills in English are required;
- A bachelor’s degree in English,journalism, or mass communication or a related discipline is required;
- Membership in the Editors Association of Canada will be an asset to have but not mandatory;
- 3-5 years of experience in journalism, writing, publishing or a related field are required.