Direct financial activities, such as planning, procurement, and investments for all or part of an organization.
Vice President, Finance Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Vice President, Finance to join our team.
- Notify and report to senior management concerning any trends that are critical to the organization’s financial performance;
- Establish profitability standards for investment activities and handle mergers and/or acquisitions;
- Prepare or co-ordinate the preparation of financial statements, summaries, and other cost-benefit analyses and financial management reports;
- Recruit, organize, train and manage staff;
- Develop and implement the financial policies, systems and procedures of an establishment;
- Act as liaison between the organization and its shareholders, the investing public and external financial analysts;
- Co-ordinate the financial planning and budget process, and analyze and correct estimates;
- Supervise the development and implementation of financial simulation models;
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operation of an accounting, audit or other financial department.
- Must possess ability to effectively direct and manage team members;
- Must possess basic mathematical skills to include ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide specific to position responsibilities;
- Professional accounting designation (CPA), CFA considered an asset;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable in a high performance and deadline-oriented culture;
- Ability to work flexible schedules, including nights, weekends and holidays is required;
- Must present an image of excitement, enthusiasm, and outgoing personality, while being able to project a professional demeanor;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Must possess knowledge of hotel casino operations, and accounting and internal controls;
- Must possess ability to read and understand all Seminole Tribe of Florida’s policies and procedures;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests, vendors and team members;
- Proven relevant experience in investment accounting in the investment industry;
- Must apply for, obtain and remain eligible for the appropriate Alcohol and Gaming Licence;
- Demonstrated good judgment and professionalism.