Senior In-House Technical Director Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior In-House Technical Director to join our team.
- Occasionally represent R&D at Houdini events and on client visits;
- Design, develop and test Houdini tools (HDA’s, shelves, shaders, rigs, etc) using Houdini and Python;
- Occasionally mentor junior TD’s and interns;
- Help adapt partner technologies for seamless use in Houdini;
- Broaden and deepen your knowledge of Houdini while maintaining close contacts with industry and anticipating trends;
- Help steer the direction of the product with an emphasis on workflow, production readiness and completeness;
- Provide production insight into R&D feature development;
- Work directly with the C++ programmers and interact with sales and production consulting staff as well as the user community.
- Familiarity with game development environments;
- Solid familiarity with a wide range of physical simulation environments;
- Fluids, soft-body, crowds, long hair expertise;
- User interface design (workflow, look, and feel);
- Some working knowledge of OpenCL, CUDA, GLSL, C++
- Hands-on exposure to pipeline development;
- Advanced shader writing experience with a deep understanding of various lighting and rendering software.