Sell goods for wholesalers or manufacturers where technical or scientific knowledge is required in such areas as biology, engineering, chemistry, and electronics, normally obtained from at least 2 years of post-secondary education.
Sales and Distribution Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Sales and Distribution Manager to join our team.
- Work in collaboration with the marketing team to develop and implement sales, marketing and other promotional activities;
- Track sales and generate reports;
- Establish key sales plans, including processes and strategies for distribution, contracting, business planning and forecasting;
- Determine strategic planning related to new product lines, establish new distribution networks for products;
- Ensure sales efforts align and support overall organizational strategy, both long- and short-term;
- Plan, direct and evaluate the implementation of proactive sales procedures;
- Preparing reports & information;
- Manage all day-to-day branch operations including safety, inside sales, warehouse operations and inventory control;
- Assist in the analysis of sales figures, customer reactions and market trends to anticipate product need and plan product ranges or stock;
- Innovate better ways of forecasting new product introduction to ensure that first orders are correct and minimizing stock outs or dead inventory.
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in business or related field;
- Strong consumer focus and ability to foster lasting relationships;
- Fluent in English;
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in distribution, sales or marketing with track record of successful sales management;
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.