Retail Store Manager manages the day-to-day operations of a retail store. Has responsibility of staffing, store compliance, inventory management, and promotion. Being a Retail Store Manager maintains and oversees accuracy of records associated with cash, receipts, inventories, and employee attendance. May require a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. Additionally, Retail Store Manager typically reports to a senior manager. The Retail Store Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. To be a Retail Store Manager typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Retail Store Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Retail Store Manager to join our team.
- Accountable for recruiting, training sales associates;
- Study market research and trends to determine consumer demand, potential sales volumes and effect of competitors’ operations on sales;
- Creates a Selling Culture in the Store, ensures Associates are trained in the “Swarovski Experience” Training Program and other Selling techniques;
- Set staff work schedules and monitor staff performance;
- Determine the right price at which the furniture should be sold,
- Determine staffing requirements and hire or oversee hiring of staff;
- Ensures that all practices meet applicable legal requirements, policies and procedures;
- Responsible for generating 20% of the Store’s Sales;
- Maintains store cash handling records, reports and opening and closing procedures;
- Develops information on retail customers to enhance sales; maintains customer log;
- Notifies supervisor of competitive activities;
- Implements inventory procedures and inventory control program;
- Administers Performance Management programs;
- Participates in staffing decisions including employment, discipline, training, assignment and termination;
- Plan, direct and evaluate the operations of establishments engaged in wholesale and retail sales or of departments in such establishments.
- Education: Completion of secondary school is mandatory. A university degree or college diploma in business administration will be an asset;
- Proficiency in MS Office, MS Word, MS Excel;
- Experience: 2-3 years of related retail sales experience with at least 1 year of experience at increasing levels such as supervisory role is required;
- Excellent communication skills in English;
- Strong command of written and spoken English;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Strong time management skills;
- Weekend and Evening availability;
- 2+ years Store Management experience within retail;
- Completion of secondary school is required;
- 2+ years Store Management experience with in retailer;
- Minimum 2 years of related experience is required.