Restaurant Manager is responsible for overall operations of the restaurant, which may include overseeing the staff, monitoring inventory, purchasing equipment and supplies, and ensuring quality customer service and compliance with all food and beverage regulations. Trains, hires, and schedules other employees. Being a Restaurant Manager requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. Typically reports to top management. The Restaurant Manager supervises a group of primarily para-professional level staffs. May also be a level above a supervisor within high volume administrative/ production environments. Makes day-to-day decisions within or for a group/small department. Has some authority for personnel actions. Thorough knowledge of department processes. To be a Restaurant Manager typically requires 3-5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor.
restaurant manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a restaurant manager to join our team.
- Determine type of services to be offered and implement operational procedures;
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of the restaurant food and beverage service;
- Other duties as required;
- Manage, oversee and monitor overall operations of the restaurant;
- Negotiate arrangements with clients for catering or use of facilities for banquets or receptions;
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of a restaurant, bar, cafeteria or other food or beverage service;
- Plan menus, estimate food requirements and costs;
- Negotiate with clients for catering or use of facilities;
- Ensure health and safety regulations are followed;
- Monitor restaurant for service, food, and cleanliness issues;
- Ensures customer satisfaction by resolving the complaints in earliest and efficient manner;
- Avoids legal challenges by conforming to the regulations of the alcoholic beverage commission;
- Delivering superior food and beverage service and maximizing customer satisfaction;
- Achieves restaurant operational objectives by identifying trends, determining system improvements and implementing changes;
- Maintain relationships with vendors and negotiate the price and delivery arrangements to meet the restaurant demands in an efficient way.
- Excellent communication skills in English;
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including opening, closing, weekends and holidays;
- A positive and team-oriented attitude;
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
- Dependable and reliable;
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures;
- Completion of secondary school is required;
- Sound leadership, staff management, and teambuilding skills;
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a busy restaurant with liquor license required;
- High School certificate;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, customer service skills, problem solving, organisational skills;
- An excellent coach who is disciplined, honest and leads by example;
- Completion of a college diploma or above in business, restaurant, tourism management or other related management programs;
- Completion of a college or other program related to hospitality or food and beverage service management is required.