Night Supervisor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Night Supervisor to join our team.
- Moves and stores, any and all goods received during the day and/or night;
- Plays an active and continuous role in the preventing accidents as they relate to operations, equipment and the handling goods;
- Ensures work priorities provided are completed. Delegates tasks and follows up to ensure performance standards have been satisfied;
- Makes sure the goods are transported to the proper departments;
- Helps to ensure that all products are properly labelled and signed;
- Divides the goods when necessary;
- Assists in managing the operation of receiving/stocking as well as equipment;
- Replenishes shelves, sets up signs and stores surplus goods in elevated storage spaces while ensuring a constant vigilance for safety;
- Ensures all work is conducted in compliance to all relevant health and safety policies and legislation;
- Handles goods with care and replaces damaged goods;
- Prepares goods for delivery by placing said goods at the appropriate locations;
- Upon request, will execute any other related task;
- Creates an awareness of the loss prevention programs as they pertain to associates and works with these programs;
- Attempts to eliminate dangerous situation, and reports any such situation to the supervisor and makes recommendations on correcting the problem;
- Creates an awareness of the loss prevention programs as they pertain to associates and works.
- Position requires an individual who is able to prioritize and respond to situations in a timely and appropriate manner;
- Lift truck license, First Aid training, and prior Supervisory experience an asset;
- Must be a demonstrated decision-maker who easily interacts with others, and who adopts a ‘hands-on” approach to leading and motivating a team;
- Position requires good communication skills and the ability to work effectively with co-workers and superiors.