Leasing Manager supervises a team of leasing consultants to ensure maximum occupancy of rental units at all times and high renewal rate. Oversees completion of all necessary paperwork and ensures proper customer service. Being a Leasing Manager may coordinate promotions to increase number of tenants. May require a bachelor’s degree. Additionally, Leasing Manager typically reports to a head of a unit/department. The Leasing Manager supervises a group of primarily para-professional level staffs. May also be a level above a supervisor within high volume administrative/ production environments. Makes day-to-day decisions within or for a group/small department. Has some authority for personnel actions. Thorough knowledge of department processes. To be a Leasing Manager typically requires 3-5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor.
Leasing Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Leasing Manager to join our team.
- Preparing market and location review analysis, proposals, and submitting recommendations for review and approval;
- Coordinating with property management to ensure that all sites are in good condition and determining strategies to improve;
- Preparing budgets, monitoring expenditures and costs to make decisions that will be both cost-effective and meet the needs of the customers/tenants;
- Periodic site visits, coordinating proforma updates with analysts, and coordinating leasing site plan updates;
- Conducting onsite visits to properties, responding to tenant inquiries, and building rapport with tenants and owners;
- Formulating and executing leasing strategies for managed projects and/or assigned vacancies;
- Monitoring vacancy rates, maintaining budget records, and approving purchase orders and invoices within signing authority;
- Overseeing various projects with responsibility for ensuring completion/finalizing deals in a timely manner;
- Providing a monthly report to senior management and/or partners (i.e. vacancy report and renewal report); and;
- Monitoring all existing tenancies and expiries;
- Preparing monthly activity reports, lease summary reports, market reports, and square footage analysis.
- Knowledge of real estate documents including leases, sublease agreements, indemnity agreements and consent forms;
- In depth knowledge of Real Estate Act, restate markets and trends;
- Negotiating skills to close lease agreements;
- Valid License under Real Estate council of BC;
- 3 – 5 years’ experience leasing commercial properties – selling, negotiating, and financial management as a broker and/or landlord representative;
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both verbal and written;
- High level of professionalism professional maturity; and;
- Strong time management skills, attention to detail and an innovative problem solver;
- Completion of Bachelor’s Degree or College diploma or Certificate.