Guest Services Manager is responsible for managing guest and front office operations. Assists with check-in, check-out, responds to guest requests and complaints. Being a Guest Services Manager oversees lobby operations and hotel amenities, such as concierge and valet services, pool or spa operations. Provides assistance to guests as needed. Additionally, Guest Services Manager monitors staff scheduling and shifts. Oversees departments cooperation. May require an associate degree or its equivalent. Typically reports to a head of a unit/department. The Guest Services Manager supervises a group of primarily para-professional level staffs. May also be a level above a supervisor within high volume administrative/ production environments. Makes day-to-day decisions within or for a group/small department. Has some authority for personnel actions. Thorough knowledge of department processes. To be a Guest Services Manager typically requires 3-5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor.
Guest Services Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Guest Services Manager to join our team.
- Recruit, manage, train and develop the Guest Service team;
- Monitor the appearance, standards, and performance of the Front Office Team Members with an emphasis on training and teamwork;
- Maintain good communication and working relationships with all hotel departments;
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation;
- Act in accordance with policies and procedures when working with front of house equipment and property management systems;
- Assist with other departments, as necessary;
- Monitor staffing levels to meet cover business demands;
- Set departmental objectives, work schedules, budgets, policies, and procedures;
- Oversee the entire Guest Service/Front Office operation to maintain high standards;
- Manage staff performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures;
- Evaluate levels of Guest satisfaction and monitor trends, with a focus on continuous improvement;
- Conduct monthly communication meetings and produce minutes;
- Maximise room occupancy at best rates and use up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities.
- High level of commercial awareness and sales capabilities;
- Previous experience of managing a department and Profit and Loss account;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Excellent grooming standards;
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills;
- High level of IT proficiency;
- Flexibility to respond to a variety of work situations;
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service;
- Previous supervisory experience in Front Office within the hotel/leisure/retail sector;
- Accountable and resilient;
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team;
- Experience of managing people and developing people;
- Exemplary customer service skills;
- Desire to lead by example.