Food Area Supervisor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Food Area Supervisor to join our team.
- Assists the Buffet Manager to monitor the overall F&B operation of the Buffet (personnel, procedures, stocks) in accordance with Standard Procedure;
- Is accountable for the performance and achievement of Company budgetary goals, participating to manage financial aspects of F&B operations;
- Supervises F&B team members, supporting and training them to enhance their current performance and evaluates their skills;
- Complies with set Company F&B service standards and follows the Company Sanitation Protocols (sanitation, hygiene and personnel management).
- Proficiency in security awareness is required;
- Guest oriented and ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently;
- High school/Professional school diploma; Food Safety proficiency certificate issued by recognized authorities;
- Experience in the cruise industry/hotelier is an advantage;
- Compulsory medical tests will be carried out by MSC;
- Fluent English, oral and written. Any major language is considered an advantage (Italian, Portuguese, German, Spanish and French);
- 2 years of proven work experience as Ast. F&B Manager;
- STCW course are compulsory (Basic fire fighting, personal survival techiniques, elementary first aid, perosnal security and social responsibility);
- Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy.