Determine and formulate policies and provide overall direction of companies or private and public sector organizations within guidelines set up by a board of directors or similar governing body. Plan, direct, or coordinate operational activities at the highest level of management with the help of subordinate executives and staff managers.
Chief Financial Officer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Chief Financial Officer to join our team.
- Manage the accounting team and any key third parties to which functions have been outsourced;
- Leading all finance activities including financial reporting & analysis, budgets, corporate finance, treasury & audit;
- Responsible for the project approval process and the negotiation of contracts with key business partners;
- Be a leader in advancing strategic short- and long-term financial objectives;
- Coordinates and supervises lease abstract efforts throughout the region/ local markets /strategic accounts utilizing local market resources;
- Provides ongoing mentoring for the training and development of accounting staff;
- Oversee the implementation of specialized systems and applications and monitor the progress of ongoing technological upgrades;
- Participate in identifying monetization strategies and new platforms to generate additional revenues;
- Maintain an optimized cash flow cycle;
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory bodies;
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team;
- Responsible for training respective region on oPx, Variance Writing and Analysis, Financial Reporting,
- Assist with investor relations, legal, tax, and investment banking community;
- Build a solid finance department and support the owners in the company’s growth strategy;
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive team.
- 5 years’ experience in the non-profit sector;
- History of strategic executive leadership, combined with careful data-driven analysis;
- Ability to build and inspire teams, including remote/distributed teams;
- Ability to learn quickly, pull in experienced knowledge, and apply it;
- Experienced in developing and maintaining relationships;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- International work experience, including the consolidation of multinational subsidiaries and transfer pricing;
- Strong relationship builder internally and externally;
- Accustomed to working with remote teams, including building deep, enjoyable long-distance work relationships;
- Familiar with government contracting and reporting requirements;
- Results oriented, problem solver, strategic thinker and planner;
- Experience with software R&D capitalization (e.g. SOP 98-1);
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills;
- Experience in tax laws for non profit and for-profit organizations;
- Ten years’ work experience.