Edmonton – Corporate/Tax Legal Assistant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Edmonton – Corporate/Tax Legal Assistant to join our team.
- Transcribing digital voicemail and maintaining files and diarizations on a daily basis;
- Drafting, editing and proofreading routine correspondence, letters and other related documents;
- Maintaining and organizing client contacts, files and various calendars;
- Managing administrative tasks, including time entry, billings, scheduling of appointments and coordinating meetings etc.;
- Prioritizing workflow to ensure completion of accurate work within established timelines;
- Liaising with clients on a regular basis; and;
- Any other duties as required.
- Legal Assistant diploma from an accredited college plus a minimum of five (5) years of previous legal assistant experience in related practice areas;
- Able to work independently and in a team environment;
- Responsible, dependable and consistent;
- Highly motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Able to work with minimal instruction and prioritize the workload accordingly;
- Takes pride and ownership in the finished work product;
- Experience with digital filing, document management and dictation software;
- Self-starter who is able to take initiative, multi-task and work well under pressure both independently and in a team setting;
- Advanced computer skills; proficient with MS Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Tax experience is considered a definite asset but not required as training can be provided;
- Demonstrated commitment to privacy and ethical conduct;
- Superb accuracy, attention to detail and time management skills.