Acute Care Nurse Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Acute Care Nurse to join our team.
- May supervise licensed practical nurses and other nursing staff;
- Assist in surgery and other medical procedures;
- Monitor, assess, address, document and report symptoms and changes in patients’ conditions;
- May develop and implement discharge planning process on admission of patients;
- Operate or monitor medical apparatus or equipment;
- Assess patients to identify appropriate nursing interventions;
- May teach and counsel patients and their families on health–related issues in collaboration with other health care providers;
- Administer medications and treatments as prescribed by a physician or according to establish policies and protocols.
- Must possess the ability to plan, develop, implement and interrupt the plan of care;
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English language;
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, clients, families and the public;
- Must be knowledgeable of current nursing and medical practices and procedure;
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions;
- Must be willing to expand knowledge through education and training programs;
- Must posses a current RN license.