The Bartender/Server has knowledge of common drinks and makes suggestions to customers. Prepares cocktails and non-alcoholic beverages for customers. Being a Bartender/Server may require a high school diploma or its equivalent. Monitors bar inventory and takes appropriate action. In addition, Bartender/Server typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being a Bartender/Server gains or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline. Works under moderate supervision. Working as a Bartender/Server typically requires 1-3 years of related experience.
Server/Bartender Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Server/Bartender to join our team.
- Interact with customers, take orders and serve snacks and drinks;
- Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies;
- Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails;
- Stay guest focused and nurture an excellent guest experience;
- Check customers’ identification and confirm it meets legal drinking age;
- Assess customers’ needs and preferences and make recommendations;
- Deal with complaints or problems with a positive attitude;
- Prepare alcohol or non-alcohol beverages for bar and restaurant patrons;
- Issue bills and accept payment;
- Collaborate with other restaurant servers and kitchen/barstaff;
- Plan and present bar menu;
- Answer questions or make recommendations for complementary products;
- Preparing alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages for bar and patrons;
- Preparing restaurant tables with special attention to sanitation and order;
- Take and serve orders.
- Ability to keep the bar organized, stocked and clean;
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills;
- Serving It Right;
- Computer literacy.