Order Attendant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Order Attendant to join our team.
- Acts as a Driver’s Helper as required, assisting driver with manually unloading and transporting material;
- Checks prepared loads for accuracy and completeness, takes the required measure to correct as needed;
- Perform other related duties as required;
- Prepares orders for delivery including identifying, locating and securing material as per shipping memo and completing paperwork;
- Performs routine and regular preventative maintenance of vehicle advising supervisor of required repairs. Complete forklift inspection sheet daily;
- Receives returned material, completes sold sticker for re-delivery or returns material to stock as directed;
- Operates forklift, consistently practicing safe operating habits to load and unload vehicles, transport material and prepare loads for delivery.
- Prior shipping, receiving and loading experience is an asset;
- Position requires an individual who is self-motivated and possesses strong organizational skills;
- Position requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and is able to meet strict deadlines;
- Position requires good verbal and written communication skills;
- Position requires knowledge of wood types/grades and familiarity with seasonal products and storage/damage handling procedures;
- Position requires physical exertion including bending, lifting and carrying products;
- Position requires a valid reach truck certificate.