Jr. Sous Chef Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Jr. Sous Chef to join our team.
- Assume supervision of staff, daily operations and additional duties as required;
- Assist fellow leaders in all aspects of the daily operation of the kitchen while maintaining highest level of culinary excellence;
- Participate in menu planning and menu launch;
- Attend Black Pant meetings on a weekly basis, as well as other meetings as required;
- Production, presentation, supervising staff, training, mentoring, ordering and inventory, etc;
- This position will work predominantly AM shifts.
- Minimum 3-5 years in similar position/level in a previous fine dining establishment or similar experience;
- Journeyman/Red Seal Certification, Cook’s trade certification an asset;
- Ability to make a 2 year commitment in this position;
- BC FOODSAFE or equivalent;
- Superb time management and organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to provide leadership, coaching and training.