Host/Hostess Part time Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Host/Hostess Part time to join our team.
- Performing additional duties as assigned;
- Inspecting condition and cleanliness of menus and wine lists; ensure adequate quantities are available;
- Maintaining complete knowledge of all menu items, specials, 86’d items in the restaurant;
- Moving and arranging table, chairs for groups or special needs;
- Assisting service and busperson teams with table cleaning, clearing and resetting;
- Responding promptly and acknowledging all guests;
- Processing reservations and preparing floor plan for service;
- Communicating V.I.P. arrivals and special requests to designated personnel for follow up.
- Excellent ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and openly in all verbal and written interactions;
- Food Safe Level 1 considered an asset;
- Serving It Right certification;
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule to meet the business needs of a hotel environment;
- Must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time;
- Minimum 1 year previous experience in a similar capacity within a high-volume restaurant setting;
- Legal Work Status: Must already possess necessary documentation to work legally in Canada;
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment;
- Must be self directed, motivated and demonstrate exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule to meet the business needs of a 24/7 hotel environment, including mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays;
- Demonstrated ability to work with maximum accuracy, efficiency and attention to detail, maintaining a keen sense of urgency at all times.