Host(ess) Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Host(ess) to join our team.
- Manage seating of walk-in guests based on business flow of existing reservations;
- Ensure the restaurant portray a well-run establishment by being tidy and organized;
- Provide sincere and caring interaction with guests;
- Welcome guests with warm friendly attitude;
- Assist servers in sections as/when required with focus staying on hostess stand;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Allocate sections to servers fairly based on previous shift sections, private dining room allocation, etc;
- Answer phones, deal with guests face to face, assist servers and assist with room service orders;
- Communicate section, table seating, special requests with servers and kitchen.
- Must be able to work weekends, public holidays and shifts work;
- Must be well-organized, tidy and disciplined in managing reservations/walk-in guests;
- Previous hostess / host experience is an asset;
- Must have Serving it Right / WHMIS Certificate.