The Steward/Dishwasher washes dishes and cleans banquet facilities. Clears dirty plates from banquet tables. Being a Steward/Dishwasher typically reports to a supervisor or manager. May require a high school diploma or its equivalent. Being a Steward/Dishwasher may require 0-1 year of general work experience. Possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. Works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area.
Dishwasher / Steward Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Dishwasher / Steward to join our team.
- Other tasks as assigned;
- Some food prep duties;
- Team-based environment working in two to three staffing areas for short to long periods of time;
- Exuding a positive personality, smile, and promoting constructive work environments;
- Maintain general organization of dishware and storage areas;
- General cleaning – mopping, sweeping, scrubbing, cleansing, polishing;
- Operate conveyor belt dishwashing system in large kitchen environment;
- Providing clean dishes, cutlery, baking & buffet equipment;
- Follow the resorts policies and procedures and adhere to the grooming policies;
- Help to receive and put away food and supply orders;
- Support team with the execution of buffet and plated style banquets and corporate functions as needed;
- Upkeep clean and sanitary conditions of dishwashing areas and relative kitchen spaces;
- Rotating shift work with repetitive motions;
- Assist with sanitization/cleanliness of kitchen areas;
- Ensure Kitchen and Kitchen preparation area are clean and free from debris.
- Able to work quickly and efficiently in a fast paced environment while maintaining care and attention to detail;
- A calm, polite and composed demeanor;
- Consistent punctuality and dedication;
- Commitment to the Wickaninnish Inn before any other employment;
- Professional and positive attitude in every aspect of the position;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks;
- Ability to make a commitment of 1 year to the position.