Chef De Partie Pastry Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Chef De Partie Pastry to join our team.
- Makes frequent suggestions to the direct supervisor to improve standards and keep the interest on the job;
- Supervises cleaning procedure on a daily basis according to company standards and USPH;
- Takes active part in a work environment that support a successful safety culture. Is a dynamic contributor in following safety policy and procedures;
- Plans effectively to ensure that waste and over production is kept to a minimum, in adherence with Company standards;
- Assures all dessert production, as assigned by the supervisor, following all recipes asprovided by the corporate office;
- Informs the Chef Pastry whenever there is a problem regarding food items, in order to provide a fast and effective solution;
- Checks all provisions received from storeroom and report discrepancies immediately, as per Operational Manual.
- Previous shipboard experience is a plus;
- Experience working in a fine dining establishment or 4/5* hotel. Or ultra luxury Patisserie;
- Basic computer skills;
- Ability to work very well under pressure and consistently deliver to the highest standards;
- English knowledge B1;
- Italian knowledge is an advantage;
- Possess the ability to supervise a diverse culinary team;
- Be a true team player. Success is a team effort;
- Creative flair is a must in this pivotal position. You must have a true passion for pastry;
- Put guest satisfaction at the heart of your work everyday;
- At least 2 years supervisory experience on cruise ship or high volume hotel/restaurant;
- Secondary School (Culinary School degree or foreign equivalency preferred);
- Excellent leadership and communication skills;
- At least 2 years pastry experience;
- Ability to deal with high volume orders while never compromising on quality standards.