Chef de Partie (CDP) Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Chef de Partie (CDP) to join our team.
- Participates in loading of products;
- Follows the instructions and recommendations from the immediate superiors and the Corporate Executive Chef to complete the daily tasks;
- Checks requisitions and receiving of goods in the galley;
- Organizes working schedules and monitors performance of staff in his/her work area;
- Consults daily with the Sous Chef, Executive Sous Chef and Executive Chef on daily requirements, functions and also about any last minute events;
- Ensures highest levels of guest satisfaction, quality, operating and food costs on an ongoing basis;
- Guides and trains the subordinates on a daily basis to ensure high motivation and economical working environment;
- Responsible to supervise Demi-Chef de parties and Assistant Cooks;
- Has excellent knowledge of menu creation, whilst maintaining quality and controlling costs in a volume food business;
- Daily feedback collection and reporting of issues as they arise;
- Attends pre- and post-dinner briefings;
- Takes care of daily food preparation and duties assigned by the superiors to meet the standard and the quality set by Windstar Cruises;
- Ensures effective communication between staff by maintaining a secure and friendly working environment;
- Establishes and maintains effective inter-departmental working relationships;
- Able to estimate the daily production needs and checking the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- PSCRB Certificate;
- Must pass a security background check;
- STCW 4th Part Basic Training;
- Valid Seafarers Medical.