Water Treatment Fertigation Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Water Treatment Fertigation Technician to join our team.
- Maintain inventory of nutrients and filter media used in fertigation;
- Supervise others performing fertigation tasks and activities;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and solve problems related to fertigation and environmental controls;
- Communicate effectively with the cultivation team and other departments to ensure a smooth production process;
- Perform and document regular calibration of meters and scales for monitoring and measurement;
- Collect and analyze water, feed, and runoff samples to determine if an adjustment to the nutrient schedule is needed;
- Follow all SOPs related to daily work activities to maintain compliance with regulations;
- Handle, mix, and apply nutrient recipes at measured concentrations in accordance to the Head Grower’s recommendations;
- Operation and maintenance of all fertigation equipment and controls, in addition to recommending any repairs or upgrades;
- Ensure safe handling, use, storage, and disposal of chemicals;
- Complete all documentation to meet the company standards requirements;
- Ensure compliance with our client’s policies and procedures.
- High school diploma is preferred;
- Manual dexterity / ability to preform physical work such as standing and walking;
- Ability to operate and maintain fertigation systems is considered an asset;
- Experience working in an industrial facility is considered an asset;
- Industrial automation experience and/or knowledge of computer controls considered a strong asset;
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate is considered an asset;
- Basic knowledge of computer applications;
- Experience in water treatment, fertigation, agricultural/greenhouse production, or a related field is considered an asset.