Senior Groom Artist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Groom Artist to join our team.
- Work closely with additional departments in the Creature workflow including Modeling, Animation and Lighting;
- Maintain or exceed a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work;
- Paint colour and specular maps for hair, fur and feathers;
- Creation of fur/feather/hair/environment grooms for characters, creatures and environments using a mix of off the shelf and ILM proprietary tools;
- Collaborate with Creature TD’s to determine requirements and solutions for dynamics and layouts.
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to learn quickly and assimilate new information;
- Ability to liaise with various parts of the Computer Graphics pipeline, manage person schedules;
- Ability to navigate complex Computer Graphics pipelines;
- Proven Groom skills within a high-end VFX production environment;
- Proficient in Maya, Mari (preferred), Zbrush, Photoshop, or Bodypaint;
- Good organizational skills.