Farm Supervisor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Farm Supervisor to join our team.
- Inspect crop and field to determine maturity, yield, work requirements, such as cultivating, weeding, or harvesting;
- Direct and assist in repair and proper working of machines and equipment used in the farms;
- Help and supervise general farm worker’s day to day activities;
- Assess, suggest and help in the implementation of work procedures which are beneficial for the business;
- Oversee sorting & overall handling of produce to ensure highest possible quality of products;
- Ensure all health and safety procedures are being followed by all workers at all times;
- Supervise and co-ordinate work of other farm workers and labourers and oversee activities like crop maintenance & harvesting;
- Perform other duties as instructed by the management;
- Make work schedules and establish procedures, train employees on work site;
- Evaluate weather and soil conditions;
- Supervise and oversee growing crop-related operations;
- Ensure that the safety procedures are followed by all farm workers and by everyone attending the Farm worksite;
- Plans and supervises the planting, cultivating, harvesting and storing of field and garden crops on large and complex institutional farms;
- Create work schedules;
- Prepare schedule and establish safety procedures.
- Ability to work long hours, early mornings and weekends if required;
- Ability to communicate in English;
- Minimum 1-year experience as a farm supervisor or training in agriculture is required;
- Ability to work outdoors in ALL weather conditions. Heavy lifting required.