Tile setter Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Tile setter to join our team.
- Prepare various surfaces for tiling with waterproofing material or lath and by cleaning the surfaces properly;
- Form tile beds using concrete, plaster, mastic, cement, glue or mortar utilizing tools such as screeds, brushes and trowels;
- Cut tiles and shape them properly to ensure they fit around obstacles and in tight corners and odd spaces using power and hand tools;
- Tap tiles into place carefully using tools to properly adhere tiles to the base, making sure not to break or damage tiles;
- Remove and replace cracked or damaged tiles;
- Prepare cost estimates and orders;
- Cut, install, polish and surface granite and marble and ensure accuracy during the installation process for lasting results;
- Align tiles and straighten them with straightedges, levels and squares to ensure patterns are even and precise.
- Completion of secondary school is required;
- Ability to communicate in English;
- Experiences in construction industry is an asset.