The Finish Carpenter follows plans to ensure requirements and specifications are met. Inspects, repairs, installs, modifies, rebuilds, constructs, and maintains woodwork and other related structures. Being a Finish Carpenter requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. An apprenticeship and/or formal training may be required. In addition, Finish Carpenter typically reports to a supervisor/manager. Being a Finish Carpenter gains or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline. Works under moderate supervision. Working as a Finish Carpenter typically requires 1-3 years of related experience.
Finish Carpenter Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Finish Carpenter to join our team.
- Fit and install trim items and hardware;
- Take measurements and calculate the size and amount of material needed;
- Shape materials to prescribed measurements and ensure that casework hardware is properly installed;
- Apply finish to wooden and other surfaces;
- Follow all company health and safety policies and procedures;
- Estimate labour and material costs;
- Read and interpret blueprints and custom-made specifications to determine what kind of finishing work the project needs;
- Ensure quality of work meets standards;
- Maintain equipment and work area in a clean and orderly manner.
- Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques;
- Minimum 1-2 years of related experience working with furniture finishing;
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and work in a fast-paced environment;
- Good knowledge of manual and powered tools and their use;
- Completion of secondary School.